Sprache : Es gibt diese Seite auch auf Deutsch.
Looking for Study Participants
Research topic #
We are a group of security researchers at Leibniz Universität Hannover and would like to know your opinions and concerns about IT security and privacy in computer-based learning and about emerging technologies like Learning Analytics (see below). This includes especially the user group of teachers who use evaluations and visualizations of these systems.
The interview would:
- Be completely anonymous for you and relatives, at most, short anonymized quotes from the interview might be published.
- Take between 30 and 45 min of your valuable time.
- Be on any web meeting platform of your choice (Skype, our self-hosted Jitsi, …), camera optional.
Participate: You can book your own appointment for an interview quickly and easily at:
What is Learning Analytics? #
Learning Analytics (LA) collects and processes learner data from a variety of computer-based sources (e-learning) to understand, support and provide guidance for optimization of learning during the time a person is participating in an educational environment. de Sousa et al., 2021: Applications of Learning Analytics in High Schools: A Systematic Literature Review
However, the collection and use of this data can raise privacy concerns, as it tends to be highly personal. As LA is a rapidly evolving topic in the course of the digitization of the education system in Germany, there are a number of scientific publications dealing with the collection, aggregation, and processing of data, but only a few dealing with IT security and data protection in addition to ethical aspects.
Who we are #
Our group studies the intersection of computer security and privacy with human factors. We are particularly interested in investigating end users, administrators, developers, and designers of computer systems and their interdependencies with computer security and privacy mechanisms.
You can find some of our recent publications here.
Prof. Dr. Sascha Fahl | Principal Investigator, Tenured Faculty (CISPA) and Full Professor (Leibniz University Hannover)
Dr. Anett Hoppe | Principal Investigator, Post-Doc (TIB - Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology & L3S Research Centre, Leibniz University Hannover)
Consent disclosure #
- Participation: Participation in the study is voluntary. You can withdraw your participation, leave the interview or cancel your interview appointment at any time.
- Recording/Collected Data: We would like to record the audio of the conversation for later transcription by a GDPR/DSGVO compliant transcription service. After we have anonymized the transcripts and verified their accuracy, all recordings will be discarded. All data collected will be handled in accordance with strict GDPR/DSGVO regulations and access will be limited to participating researchers. Upon completion of our work, all raw data will be discarded (approximately one year after the study). In the spirit of research, we aim to publish a scientific paper with findings from the study.
- Risks: The risks to your participation in this online study are those associated with basic computer tasks, including boredom, fatigue, mild stress, and discussion of confidential topics.
- Benefits: Benefits of participating are the learning experience from participating in a research study, and the contribution to the state of scientific knowledge. With this project, you will support the understanding of users' security and data protection perception in the field of learning analytics and can help ensure that your views and concerns are taken into account during the digitization of schools in Germany.